January 24, 2010

The Pregnancy Pact


So Lifetime premiered a new movie, The Pregnancy Pact, which is about a high school with a wave of teen pregnancies. The girls planned to get pregnant causing mass chaos and a great debate between the school nurse and parents. In my high school we had a lot of girls who had children but I don't think any of them did it on purpose, poor planning or choices but not on purpose. Now I can't for the life of me understand why any teenage girl would want the responsibility of having to care for another human being. In the movie (I'm only 1/2hr in) the main girls seem clueless to what is going on and the magnitude of their choices. they are tricking the fathers of their children into getting them pregnant and could care less of they are a part of the child's life. They were excited to be pregnant and talked about having a girl so they could dress alike and have their own personal BFF. Excuse me but WTF? What is our world coming too when a teenager feels they need to have a baby to have unconditional love and attention? Shouldn't they be getting this from their family? Friends? Why is that a baby is the answer? Even now I now more people than I can count on both my hands and toes who have children who aren't married or established. What ever happened to love, then marriage, then the baby carriage? Is that too conventional, to traditional?

No comments:

Post a Comment