February 27, 2010

What If?


I find that the question "What if?" comes many times in our lives. "What if I never met this person?" or "What if I chose to do this differently?" I can admit I've had my fair share of "What If's" My life has been a road of poorly thought out decisions and I always wonder "What if?" At 23 I'm making much better ones, I just wish I had a reality check a long time ago. It's tough living with some of the decisions I've made and I can't help but think:
What if I had spoken up? Ran away screaming?
What if I had waited? Was it really that hard?
What if I didn't go with her that night?
What if I told him no?
What if I stayed?
What if I listened?

I have many things that I regret doing and not doing, things that hurt others and myself. I always say I wish I had a time machine but who knows, it probably would be like the Butterfly Effect with Ashton Kutcher, nothing would be as it should and I would always get the short end of the stick. Life is compiled of so many experiences both good and bad. I've had some terrible ones and I pray to God that there's only good ones ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment